Sunday, 28 August 2011

Thing 14: Zotero, Menderley and CiteULike

I did my referencing for my degree by hand, so having watched the video for Zotero I can see how much time these tools would save. Essentially that is the main benefit of these tools - they do the work for you, help you be organised and save a lot of time. I can see Zotero being very useful when I start my library degree.

Using CiteULike you can search for articles, save and share articles, join groups, import files from your computer and export files to your computer. Using CiteULike you can do your research from any computer - and being able to sync your CiteULike with your Delicious bookmarks would be very handy if you were moving around. It's a good research tool for librarains either studying or doing research for somebody else and, in using it, librarians would be able to explain it to students and help them be more efficient too.

No comments:

Post a Comment