Sunday, 18 September 2011

Thing 18: Screen capture and podcasting

My ancient laptop is struggling a bit to download all the extra software that's suggested as part of CPD23 so I'm going to skip Jing this week. As The Book Gryphon explains, short videos may well be very useful for explaining library tasks and might help teach or reinforce skills taught at inductions. I've watched the demo for Screencapture and it looks quite useful for filming tutorial videos to demonstrate how to use the library catalogue etc.

I was introduced to podcasts on my last 23 things course and I think they could serve a similar purpose. Personally I find visual media more memorable and easier to follow, so I would be more inclined to produce a video of, for example, how to access the library catalogue or make a presentation available rather than a podcast, which is an audio resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment