Applying for Jobs
I have lists of what I have done in past and present work and I am planning to consolidate them into one list so I have them at hand when I need them. It's obviously important to remember what you have done to help you make sure you can give evidence of how you meet the criteria for a post and to make sure you have examples you can talk about at interview. I think it also shows you where your gaps are and what else you need to learn.
Volunteering
I have spent quite a bit of time volunteering. The first library work I did - in a museum library - was voluntary, and I'm sure it helped me get my graduate trainee post. I returned there after my traineeship finished while I looked for other work, and I don't think I would have done so if I hadn't found it so enjoyable and interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment